You are here
Bishop & Sewell Recognised in Chambers 2019 Legal Rankings
Bishop & Sewell is delighted to learn that the firm has been recognised in Chambers 2019 rankings, an independent guide to the legal profession, in the following areas:
Chambers 2019 – Ranked Departments
- Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation (Band 2)
- Strengths: A source praises the lawyers for their “extraordinary care, diligence, creativity, great value for money and depth of resources.”
- Notable Practitioners: Karma Hickman focuses her practice on international surrogacy and inter-country adoption matters. Sources praise her “great technical knowledge” as well as her “effectiveness and client service.”
Chambers 2019 – Ranked Lawyers
- Eileen Pembridge – Family/Matrimonial – London Firm (Band 4) – Eileen is characterised as “an able and experienced practitioner” by interviewees. She handles private children cases and high-value financial remedy cases, and is further noted for her mediation capabilities.
- Karma Hickman – Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation – London Firms (Associates to watch) – see Notable Practitioners above.
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by the largest research team of its kind and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world’s best lawyers and law firms. Announced annually each November and based on a series of client and peer interviews, the process involves ranking individual lawyers and firms in bands from 1-6 (with 1 being considered the best).
Across all our departments, we continue to see our solicitors consistently delivering an excellent and valuable service across our three core areas of property, commercial and personal legal services.
Each of our clients receives legal services tailored to their particular needs and delivered in a practical and highly responsive manner. We pride ourselves on exceeding our clients expectations. We provide advice and assistance of the highest calibre, but which is also accessible and which always keeps in mind commercial realities. This ensures we help our clients – whether individuals or businesses – navigate their legal issues effectively and achieve the very best possible outcomes.
The firm has steadily expanded over the years. As well as serving clients in the local area, London and the South East, we are increasingly instructed by those further afield: nationwide and internationally.
We continue to attract a wide variety of clients from all walks of life, representative of various industries, the financial sector and the professions. Our practice areas are expanding, supporting a growing private and commercial client base.
Now based in Russell Square in Central London, our offices are readily accessible and well-served by public transport and parking. Individuals and families form the backbone of our client base, alongside entrepreneurs, investors, property developers and landlords. Our business clients include private and quoted mid-market companies and financial institutions.