Although one might assume that having grown up in a world of technology, Gen Z consumers prefer exercising their buying power online, Gen Z buyers surprisingly prefer shopping in brick-and-mortar stores.
You are here
Intellectual property advice, commercial agreements, and technology transfer and licensing matters are the focus of Andy Ferren’s practice. Andy handles a wide range of business matters for established and emerging companies, non-profit organizations, closely-held businesses, and individual entrepreneurs. Additionally, he helps to coordinate the firm’s trademark and copyright practices.
- Represent medical journal in connection with business formation and reorganization, employee and consultant agreements, and business and intellectual property advice.
- Represent insurance brokerage company with regard to sales of assets and equity interests, software license transactions, and governance matters.
- Advise health care non-profit organization with regard to collection and management of data, copyrightable works, and other content associated with conferences, seminars, and an on-line knowledge center.
- Represent asset manager of portfolio of first class U.S. hotels and resorts in connection with intellectual property protection and licensing matters.
- Represent retailers of clothing, shoes, and accessories in connection with brand protection and licensing program, e-commerce agreements, and various strategic ventures.
- Advise software vendors and purchasers with regard to license agreements, services agreements, ASP/SaaS agreements, and website development and hosting agreements.
- Represented furniture retailer in connection with source code license from its long-time software vendor.
- Represent a major group of non-profit teaching and research hospitals in technology license agreements, collaboration agreements, and sponsored research agreements.
- Represented manufacturer of microwave oven technology in collaboration with clean coal technology company to design, develop, manufacture, and license coal treatment systems.
- Represented heirs to famous author/illustrator in settlement of dispute over rights to copyrights in decedent’s works.
- Developed and implemented an international trademark and business model licensing strategy for a New York-based non-profit organization engaged in promoting entrepreneurship through affiliates in Africa, the Middle East, Europe, the U.S., and Central and South America.
- General counsel to a California-based non-profit organization in connection with business contracts and other matters, including licensing of its certification mark to distributors and retailers of “fair trade” coffee, cocoa, tea, and other products.
- Handled numerous trademark and domain name matters, including prosecution of applications to register marks in the United States, coordination of international trademark protection efforts, management of clients’ trademark portfolios, negotiation of assignments and licenses of marks and domain names, and counseling of clients with regard to trademark and domain name selection, registration, and disputes.