We know that public shopping centers have been around since the days of the Roman Empire, if not before. As we heard at this month’s ICSC OAC conference in Miami, the industry is seeing a return to days long ago.
You are here
David J. Rabinowitz
Commercial real estate transactions (retail, office, industrial and mixed-use) that involve properties located in New York City and throughout the country, including acquisitions and dispositions (one-off and portfolio transactions), commercial development, leasing and finance are the foundation of David Rabinowitz's extensive experience. David also focuses on representing non-U.S. retailers in connection with their expansion into the U.S. Chambers USA reports that David is New York retail's "key contact." David, a Director in our Real Estate group, brings thirty years of experience to his practice and clients.
David also has widespread experience in the area of retail law, including the acquisition, sale and leasing of retail and mixed-use properties, lease restructurings, condominium developments (retail and mixed-use), acquiring and selling real estate assets (fee estates and leasehold interests in retail properties) in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, and counseling clients on lease issues (such as exclusives, radius restrictions, assignment/subletting and “going dark”) in anticipation of and during a lease dispute. His retail clients include some of the nation's largest “big box” retailers and shopping center developers. David is a Co-Chair of the firm's Retail, Restaurant & Consumer industry group, and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
- International retailer in connection with the acquisition and ground lease of property in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including multiple leases in New York City for stores in excess of 100,000 square feet in to-be-built vertical development projects, and the acquisition of 85 acres of land for the development of a 300,000 square foot distribution facility in Maryland.
- New Jersey-based shopping center owner in connection with the leasing of its shopping centers in New Jersey, New York and Virginia.
- Big box retailer in lease transactions across the country.
- New York-based shopping center in connection with the leasing of its shopping centers in New York and New Jersey.
- Domestic merchandise retailer in connection with certain of its lease transactions across the country, including in New York and the surrounding area.
- Regional property owner/manager in connection with the development of property on Long Island and the leasing of its shopping centers.
- Real estate development and acquisition company in connection with the acquisition, leasing and sale of real estate development projects in the Northeast.
- Real estate developer in connection with the acquisition of 16 malls located in the Southeast.
- Private real estate investment company in connection with the bankruptcy of a large retailer.
- National retailer in connection with the restructuring of certain of its leases throughout the country.
- Private real estate investment company in connection with a restaurant lease in a building located in New York City.
- Retail dessert cafe in connection with its first restaurant in Manhattan.