We all know the allure of email. Easy, rapid, mobile, less intrusive than a phone call, less laborious than a letter, the supremely flexible and ubiquitous facilitator of communication. Businesses run more and more so on email. Unsurprisingly, so too does the legal profession.
You are here
Business disputes, professional malpractice and disciplinary matters, and land use, title, condominium, and other complex real estate disputes are the core of Derek Domian's civil litigation practice. As Counsel in the firm's Litigation group, Derek regularly representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as before arbitrators and mediators.
- Representation of businesses in asserting and defending claims under a variety of complex business arrangements and related claims of unfair business practices.
- Representation of a major public university in defense of intellectual property rights under a technology transfer license.
- Representation of major New England law firms in federal and state trial and appellate courts against claims of malpractice.
- Representation of lending institutions, individual property owners, and title insurers in matters involving land use, ownership, easements, restrictions, lending practices, and foreclosure issues.
- Representation of trustees of large Boston condominium in connection with dispute over common elements and parking rights.
- Representation of major New England mall owner in dispute with anchor tenant, successfully obtaining verdict in expedited trial.
- Representation of individual taxpayers on claims of domicile change before the Department of Revenue.
- Representation of attorneys before the Board of Bar Overseers.
- Representation of property owner in multi-million dollar litigation arising out of soil and groundwater contamination.