Despite the rise of e-commerce and omni-channel distribution and the demise of brick-and-mortar, 85% of sales are still made in physical stores, and these will continue to be at the core of retailers’ efforts to enhance their brands and drive sales.
You are here
George W. Evans
Mr. Evans is an associate in the firm's Real Estate group, and focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and real estate finance. George represents owners, operators, developers, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants and investors in sales, acquisitions, financings and leases of medical, residential and commercial properties across the United States.
George also has experience advising publicly traded REITs on securities law matters.
- Represents investment fund, corporate, and high-net worth individual clients in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, leasing, and financings/re-financings.
- Drafts and negotiates purchase agreements, transfer documents, escrow agreements, leases, and organizational documents, including corporate resolutions and aspects of joint venture agreements.
- Drafts and negotiates commercial loan agreements, mortgages, and related documents.
- Leads real estate due diligence for real estate transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represents banks and REITs in all aspects of REIT security offerings, from due diligence to closings.
- Drafts underwriting agreements and public securities filings for REIT security offerings.
- Represents corporate clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Drafts real property purchase and transfer documents, including company organizational documents.
- Leads real estate due diligence for security offerings, real estate transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
The growth of high-end food halls is taking off around the country. These upscale food halls are modeled more after famous European markets like Barcelona’s Mercado de la Boqueria than after airport or suburban mall food courts.