Recently the law firm Manubens Abogados, has obtained the first judgment in Spain upholding the appeal against of the City Tax on the Increase in the Value of Urban Land in case of a property transfer with capital gains for the seller.
You are here
Salvador Balcells i Iranzo
One of the things Mr. Balcells like most about his job is when you get a safe, legal and fair tax situation for the sake of the taxpayer's tranquility and economy, both in previous structuring and planning, and when certain criteria have to be defended before Tax administration.
As a lawyer, he always try to put himself in the place of the one who asks for advice, so that all the options or alternatives that are considered as solutions, are those that would adopt at a personal level if the interested party is himself.
- Restructuring processes (mergers, splits, exchanges, contributions of branches of activity, ...).
- Procedures for inspection, collection and tax management.
- Resources before the Administration, the economic-administrative Courts and the administrative litigation courts.
- Management of due diligence prior to processes of purchase, acquisition, merger, ...
- Analysis of planning and systems of tax optimization (consolidation taxation, assessment of the application of different tax deductions, possible use of the various existing special regimes, ...)
- Fiscal and accounting closures for the tax period affected
- Study of the combinations of Spanish and Andorran taxation in the field of natural persons and companies and compliance with formal and legal requirements.
In the context of family businesses, it is common to hear about the possible advantages or benefits of the creation of holding companies, companies whose main purpose is to hold shares in another companies.
The constitutionality of the Tax on the Increase of the Value of Urban Land has been called into question for several years now. Many of these lawsuits will depend on the decision of the Constitutional Court.