You are here
Cimen has an extensive background and experience on working for different areas of Finance and Financial Markets.
She has established a Risk Management function for a major Turkish Bank (MNG/T-BANK) and separately for a major Leasing Company (Halk Leasing) from scratch.
She has a vast experience on credit allocation (Garanti Bank) and credit risk management for a global bank (Citi Bank Turkey) She also structured a Major Payment System Company in Turkey as Doğan Online (D-Pay; hepsipay.com) from Scratch.
She currently works on to structure "Dubai SME Rating Framework” which is the first rating system for small and medium sized companies in the MENA Region. The system provides a comprehensive review of SME's performance based on financial and non-financial criteria.
Within the Enterprise Risk Management space:
- She assumed responsibility for establishing and monitoring the key risk indicators in the electronic payment systems furnished as well as the risks emerged from internal process and procedures and regulations,
- Preparing Fraud Risk reports by analysing client transactions,
- Drafting policies, procedures and risk and control assessments as a response to identified risks,
- Evaluating the effectiveness of internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the Firm's goals and objective,
- Providing training and technical support to the Management and Staff on risk management policies and practices,
- Keeping track of Company's (Bank) Daily limit/caps/triggers according to the Board of Directors approvals and report to Board, Executive Management & Board,
- Preparing Stress test/scenario and official reporting to the Regulator,
- Preparing & co-ordinating ICAAP reporting, following up Basel II/III requirements and ensuring that the necessary actions are taken,
- Reviewing the new or renewal product program (new product/services),
- Defining, analysing and assessing the Firm’s risks (preparing and reporting market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, credit risk, exchange rate risk and interest rate risk to the Board),
- Initiating and Modelling Operational Risk Framework for the Firm