Chaired by our own David Rabinowitz, the event hosted more than 700 members of the retail industry, including counsel from outside law firms, in-house counsel, and paralegals to name a few.
Areas of Practice
Retail development is the center of Nancy Davids' real estate practice. Nancy represents retail landlords and tenants in enclosed mall, lifestyle and mixed use projects. She also represents developers of office and retail projects in connection with zoning and land use issues. Nancy is a Director and the Co-Chair of the Goulston & Storrs Retail, Restaurant & Consumer industry group.
- Represented landlords in outlet center projects.
- Represented landlords in several long-term ground leases to tenants such as Lowes, Home Depot and Target, and negotiation of operation and easement agreements.
- Represented developers in the sale of property to anchor tenants in community shopping centers.
- Represented various landlords in negotiation of big box leases, including Marshalls, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and Staples.
- Represented major retail tenant occupying in-line space in enclosed regional malls “rolling-out” over 300 locations.
- Developed form lease for big box retail tenant and represented big box retail tenant in the negotiation of tenant’s form in national expansion program.
- Represented national big box tenant in deals across the country.
It is clear that the retail industry is in a time of great transition. As a result, sessions focused on mixed-use environments and the realities of anchor downsizing and closures were host to standing-room-only crowds.
On December 6-7, the Javits Center played host to this years’ ICSC NY Deal Making Conference. ICSC featured a new format at this years’ Conference.