Restaurant owners with tipped employees should take note of several recent court cases which may affect their ability to cause restaurant employees to participate in “tip pooling,” particularly in instances where back-of-house employees are included in such tip pooling arrangements.
Roberto Garcia is an Associate in the firm’s Real Estate Group. Roberto advises clients on a variety of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition, disposition, financing, development and leasing of commercial real estate assets. Roberto has worked on transactions involving office, hotel, retail, multi-family and mixed-use properties, and construction, mortgage and mezzanine financing.
Roberto also maintains an active pro bono practice, successfully representing several undocumented immigrant children seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status relief from deportation.
- Representation of a developer in a $395 million refinancing secured by office properties in six different states.
- Representation of a developer in the sale of an iconic hotel in the District of Columbia.
- Representation of the owner of a portfolio of service station properties in a $250 million refinancing, including senior and mezzanine financing, secured by service stations in four different states.
- Representation of a developer entering into a ground lease for the development of property owned by a university in the District of Columbia.
- Representation of a developer in the acquisition of a hotel in Portland, Oregon, including senior and mezzanine financing.