In the now distant 1991 and derived from the Treaty of Accession of Spain to the European Communities, Spain incorporated into the Corporate Tax regulations a regime special tax that allowed the deferral of taxes that could be accrued in business restructuring operations.
Salvador Balcells i Iranzo
One of the things Mr. Balcells like most about his job is when you get a safe, legal and fair tax situation for the sake of the taxpayer's tranquility and economy, both in previous structuring and planning, and when certain criteria have to be defended before Tax administration.
As a lawyer, he always try to put himself in the place of the one who asks for advice, so that all the options or alternatives that are considered as solutions, are those that would adopt at a personal level if the interested party is himself.
- Restructuring processes (mergers, splits, exchanges, contributions of branches of activity, ...).
- Procedures for inspection, collection and tax management.
- Resources before the Administration, the economic-administrative Courts and the administrative litigation courts.
- Management of due diligence prior to processes of purchase, acquisition, merger, ...
- Analysis of planning and systems of tax optimization (consolidation taxation, assessment of the application of different tax deductions, possible use of the various existing special regimes, ...)
- Fiscal and accounting closures for the tax period affected
- Study of the combinations of Spanish and Andorran taxation in the field of natural persons and companies and compliance with formal and legal requirements.
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has issued a judgment in case C-278/2020 for infringement of the Spanish legislator with respect to Union law in relation to the requirements demanded to initiate the procedure of patrimonial responsibility of the Public Administrations.
New year and therefore new fiscal year. And while waiting for future news (changes in real estate taxation, in the tax promotion of emerging companies, tax aid for digitization, ...) we can already highlight the following reforms produced recently.