In 2010, the legal concept of the criminal liability of legal persons or corporate criminal liability entered into force for the first time in the Spanish legal system, even though its regulation was quite summary.
Antonio Jesús Jimena
Mr. Jimena practice has been focused on providing legal advice to private and public companies in the areas of commercial and corporate matters. He has advised many start-ups to create, along with them, new project and lay the foundations of a solid legal structure. He has a proven history of providing an excellent and pro-active service to clients with the aims of meeting its client's needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Legal advice on incorporation of companies, extensions and reductions of capital and any modification in the bylaws.
- Drafting of any type of commercial contract (agency, distribution, franchising, "management fees"...).
- Acquisitions and sales of companies or corporate groups, corporate operations and reorganizations of corporate structures through mergers, divisions, exchange of shares, segregations, split offs, contributions of branch of activity...
- Drafting of pacts and internal and external corporate covenants and agreements ("put and call", special syndications, prohibitions of disposition, confidentiality, non-competition, solutions of unblocking, rights of support and drag,...).
- Dissolution and liquidation of companies.
- Organic and technical secretariat in Boards of Directors and Foundations.Keeping the minutes book and the register of nominative shares/partners.
- Submitting of accounts by Board of Directors and adoption of accounts by General Meeting of Shareholders; lodging of accounts in the Companies' Register and the appointment of auditors.
- Legal advice in relation to new commercial and industrial projects. Investments in Spain and abroad. Legal advice on obtaining grants and subsidies.
- Legal advice to private foundations. Legal secretary ship Drawing up of agreements and conventions with other institutions.
- Protection of industrial property rights (trademarks, domains, distinctive signs.
- Legal advice to non-profit-making public entities (universities) and private entities (foundations, associations), and their interrelation with the business world, taking advantage of the synergies of both and aiming towards a collaboration in the creation of new services for consumers and end users.