You are here
Areas of Practice
Mark is a probate litigator who focuses his practice on high-stakes trust and estate (“T&E”) disputes and fiduciary litigation. Mark represents individuals, families, charitable organizations, and bank and trust companies as beneficiaries, trustees, executors, administrators, and personal representatives.
He handles a broad range of T&E-related disputes, including:
- trust and will contests involving allegations of undue influence, incompetency, and fraud;
- breach of fiduciary duty and removal actions;
- contested accountings;
- trust reformation, modification, and interpretation actions;
- irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT) matters;
- trust and estate property disputes;
- family limited partnership (FLP) disputes;
- trust-held limited liability company (LLC) disputes; and
- reasonable deviation and cy pres matters.
Clients look to Mark not only to guide them to successful resolution of their ‘once in a lifetime’ legal matters through settlement or trial, but also to help them avoid litigation in the first place.
Mark is co-Chair of the firm's Litigation group, and a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), where he has been appointed to and serves on its Fiduciary Litigation Committee.