Changes in Protected Borders Plan
The Government of Chile announced changes to the Protected Frontiers Plan, the most notable of which are shorter quarantines and allow the entry of foreign tourists with mobility passes. The new measures will take effect from October 1, 2021 and contemplate the following:
1. They may leave Chile:
- Chileans and foreign residents with Mobility Pass through the AMB, Iquique and Antofagasta airports.
- Chileans and resident foreigners who have the exceptional permission of the Virtual Police Station, for any authorized border crossing or airports already mentioned, for any of the four established causes: humanitarian situations; fundamental and essential activities for the march of the country; essential activities for health, and trips that do not consider returning to Chile.
- Non-resident foreigners (tourists), through any authorized border crossing or airports already mentioned.
2. They will be able to enter Chile:
- Chileans and resident foreigners.
- Non-resident foreigners (tourists) who have a mobility pass, since they can validate their vaccination scheme on the page https: // mevacuno.gob.c1 /.
- Non-resident foreigners (tourists) who are in any cause of exception of Supreme Decree No. 102 of the Ministry of the Interior.
3. To enter Chile they must meet the following requirements:
- Affidavit of Travelers (www.c19.c1)
- Negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to the last shipment.
- Medical insurance for an amount not less than USD $ 30,000 (applicable only to tourists).
4. Measures when entering Chile:
- Strict isolation at home, with the following distinction:
- People with Mobility Pass: 5 days of isolation
- People without Mobility Pass: 7 days of isolation
- The transfer to the home must be in private transport and directly.
- In case of voluntarily transferring to a hotel, you cannot leave the room.
- Traveler tracking for 14 days.